Sète Pilot Station (France) Orders the New Orca VTS System from PEGASE for Maritime Surveillance
PEGASE Systems is supplying its brand new Orca VTS system to the Sète Pilot Station (France) for deployment.
The new Orca VTS is an innovative maritime surveillance system developed after a year of intensive R&D and is based on web technology.
Featuring a multi-sensor interface comprising of AIS, radar, environmental sensors and CCTVs, the web-based maritime surveillance system provides real-time maritime information for ship traffic and surveillance requirements.
The surveillance system’s architecture supports multiple operators to enable information sharing and an ergonomic GUI built on international standards offers user-friendly operation.
Orca’s modular design makes it a highly progressive surveillance system that fits into Sète Pilot’s functional requirements.
Key features of Orca VTS maritime surveillance system
- Low bandwidth consumption and internet connectivity infrastructure allows operational real-time remote piloting
- Multi-criteria Guard Zone sends warning text messages in hazardous situations
- Multi-operator web architecture enables information sharing
- Ergonomic graphical user interface is based on international standards
- User-friendly and clear display built as a suite of complementary and interconnected modules
- Based on off-the-shelf PC and hardware equipment
Orca system is distributed in Australia exclusively by Applied Infrared Sensing (AIS).
Applied Infrared Sensing specialises in active infrared and thermal imaging technologies for use in security and surveillance, medical, industrial as well as scientific markets.
The AIS product range includes infrared CCTV and thermal imaging cam security fences,d illuminators and barriers, motion sensors and security fences, coastal surveillance as well as sophisticated equipment for R&D and medical science.